GRAB YOUR COFFEE… IT’S TIME FOR MONDAY MORNING COFFEE TALK.
TODAY, I REALLY WANTED TO TALK ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A JEWELER YOU TRUST.
Time and time again i have women and men of all ages coming into my store and telling me horror stories of what has happened in the past that has lead them to believe that all jewelry stores in general are not to be trusted. To an extent, jewelers get almost the same view that car sales men receive for simply, doing their jobs. I know i have mentioned this topic many times before, but i just want all of my viewers to have it engraved in thier brains to be aware or scammers and how to become an informed buyer.
Dealing with a family business or a business that has been around for years in your area will usually be very trustworthy when it comes to leaving your things for repair. Many even have an in-house jeweler so their turn around time is faster then most “big box” stores that have to send things out that need repair. It can take up to months if they do send out repairs. Having a jeweler that lives where they work is key. Knowing that they are active community memebers and trustworthy to the community, is something that you will not get at your local Kays. I also recently read an article that stated one person spends $100.00 more a year at local or family businesses it would create 1,000 jobs in their community!! YES $1,000. Worth it!
Every so often when I sell an engagement ring men (and women) always seem to need a little bit of help when it comes to asking the bride/groom-to-be to put a ring on it. Some men like creativity, classic, humorous, or even something so unique and out of the ordinary. Every couple and person is different, and in saying that I decided to create a series here on my blog.
Every Wednesday I will be posting one proposal idea for everyone to read, comment and enjoy. Hopefully in doing this mini series here, I will be able to help the people who need a little extra help with proposing….without them having to pay big bucks to sit and chat with someone about it on the phone (some charge by the hour!!!). Of course I will take suggestions and also would love comments on what you would like to see next week!!
WITHOUT FURTHER ADO
WEEK ONE: WEDNESDAY 07-01-2015
THE NEXT TIME THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE PLANS ON DOING THE GROCERY SHOPPING ALONE, SECRETLY FOLLOW HER AND SURPRISE HER WITH AN ENGAGEMENT PROPOSAL ADDRESSED TO HER OVER THE LOUD SPEAKER! THIS COULD BE USED AND MANY DIFFERENT PLACES SO BE CREATIVE!!
DIamond care 101
Whether its diamond studs, engagement ring, wedding bands or even a bracelet. Caring for your jewelry will help it last for a lifetime. I will tell you some amazing tips and tricks to help your diamonds shine bright.
BEFORE IT’S YOURS:
- Make sure you know what you are buying, and who you are buying it from. Every jeweler should have a diamond tester, ask them to please use it! Going to a family owned will usually have quality over quantity. The big box stores aren’t your only place to go!
- Spending over $1,000? Get an appraisal! If it gets lost or stolen, having the piece covered under your insurance is key to replacing it. Depending on your homeowners insurance ever $1,000 will usually cost you about $15 yearly (worth it)!
NOW THAT IT’S YOURS:
- One word…upkeep. Jewelry in a sense is similar to vehicles. Just like tires on a street, the gold on your ring (or any other piece) will eventually wear away from the friction. Having your piece checked and cleaned every 6 months by your jeweler is a personal guarantee that everything is in working order!
- With getting your piece cleaned, of course it will be shiny and sparkly but, that is only half of the battle. Now worrying about every day wear-and-tear how do you keep it this sparkly?! Your nearest jeweler should sell cleaning solution (we sell it for 3 dollars a jar). If it does not come with a brush, getting a small tooth brush should do the trick. Very gently brush the stones from underneath (that is where all the lotion, soap and what ever else gets stuck). Going back to getting it checked and cleaning, as long as you have it inspected you should have no problems with any stones falling out.
- EXTRA TIP: Going out on the town, on a date, or special event? Spray some Windex on it to shine it up! (I promise it works wonderfully if you don’t have proper jeweler solution). Windex can also help you get a ring off if it is stuck!
“don’t let anyone dull your sparkle”
THis mark SCHNEIDER design has to be absolutely one of my all time favorites. this takes criss-cross rings onto an entirely new level, of course without stealing the center stage. the six prong head and euro shank really give it the durability to last a lifetime while shining through everyday wear and tear. this ring is perfectly matched to its name “THe Bedazzle”