GRAB YOUR COFFEE… IT’S TIME FOR MONDAY MORNING COFFEE TALK.
TODAY, I REALLY WANTED TO TALK ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A JEWELER YOU TRUST.
Time and time again i have women and men of all ages coming into my store and telling me horror stories of what has happened in the past that has lead them to believe that all jewelry stores in general are not to be trusted. To an extent, jewelers get almost the same view that car sales men receive for simply, doing their jobs. I know i have mentioned this topic many times before, but i just want all of my viewers to have it engraved in thier brains to be aware or scammers and how to become an informed buyer.
Dealing with a family business or a business that has been around for years in your area will usually be very trustworthy when it comes to leaving your things for repair. Many even have an in-house jeweler so their turn around time is faster then most “big box” stores that have to send things out that need repair. It can take up to months if they do send out repairs. Having a jeweler that lives where they work is key. Knowing that they are active community memebers and trustworthy to the community, is something that you will not get at your local Kays. I also recently read an article that stated one person spends $100.00 more a year at local or family businesses it would create 1,000 jobs in their community!! YES $1,000. Worth it!
Wedding day gift ideas
After the groom-to-be proposes to the bride-to-be the common thought is that after purchasing the wedding band, no other need to stop at the jewelers. Brides do not always expect a wedding day gift but making her dream wedding, a dream come true here are some awesome gift ideas for the future wife to remember her perfect fairy tale.
Diamond studs, are a great idea for the bride on her wedding day. Whether she wears them with her dress or not, they are something that can be cherished forever. The store I work at (Steffan’s Jewelers) has an amazing diamond stud upgrade program that allows you to get your full money back towards the next size up (with no minimum upgrade amount)! This sets up the perfect anniversary, Christmas, or birthday gift!
A super small, super sparkly pendant, that she can layer with what she has chosen to already wear on her special day. This one in particular is a Hearts on Fire piece that is so stunning. From far away you can not tell it is a star, but up close the star shape around the diamond really gives it a unique and special look for the future wife. (Many other similar styles are available).
Something a little more romantic, this fulfillment heart hands down is one of my favorites for the bride on her special day. It has so much sparkle for such a wonderful price. Again, this is something she would be able to hold and cherish for years to come. Even being able to pass it down to possible future generations to wear on their wedding day. This pendant comes in round (which is what I wear and LOVE), moon, and star shape.
DIamond care 101
Whether its diamond studs, engagement ring, wedding bands or even a bracelet. Caring for your jewelry will help it last for a lifetime. I will tell you some amazing tips and tricks to help your diamonds shine bright.
BEFORE IT’S YOURS:
- Make sure you know what you are buying, and who you are buying it from. Every jeweler should have a diamond tester, ask them to please use it! Going to a family owned will usually have quality over quantity. The big box stores aren’t your only place to go!
- Spending over $1,000? Get an appraisal! If it gets lost or stolen, having the piece covered under your insurance is key to replacing it. Depending on your homeowners insurance ever $1,000 will usually cost you about $15 yearly (worth it)!
NOW THAT IT’S YOURS:
- One word…upkeep. Jewelry in a sense is similar to vehicles. Just like tires on a street, the gold on your ring (or any other piece) will eventually wear away from the friction. Having your piece checked and cleaned every 6 months by your jeweler is a personal guarantee that everything is in working order!
- With getting your piece cleaned, of course it will be shiny and sparkly but, that is only half of the battle. Now worrying about every day wear-and-tear how do you keep it this sparkly?! Your nearest jeweler should sell cleaning solution (we sell it for 3 dollars a jar). If it does not come with a brush, getting a small tooth brush should do the trick. Very gently brush the stones from underneath (that is where all the lotion, soap and what ever else gets stuck). Going back to getting it checked and cleaning, as long as you have it inspected you should have no problems with any stones falling out.
- EXTRA TIP: Going out on the town, on a date, or special event? Spray some Windex on it to shine it up! (I promise it works wonderfully if you don’t have proper jeweler solution). Windex can also help you get a ring off if it is stuck!
“don’t let anyone dull your sparkle”
THis mark SCHNEIDER design has to be absolutely one of my all time favorites. this takes criss-cross rings onto an entirely new level, of course without stealing the center stage. the six prong head and euro shank really give it the durability to last a lifetime while shining through everyday wear and tear. this ring is perfectly matched to its name “THe Bedazzle”